Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Presidents Day Weekend!

What a fun three day weekend! I went to Utah to see some of my friends, namely Katelyn and Camie! We got there Friday night. First, Katelyn and I went to Dairy Queen, and got some frozen hot chocolate(if you've never tried any, you have to, it's divine!) We went back to Katelyns with Camie and had some of their friends come over and we played a game of curses! Fun game, if you've never played.... You definitely should! So we played curses, hung out and talked, then we all went our separate ways and I got some sleep. Then  started Saturday! Saturday was quite an adventure. We met up with some friends from Rexburg. Jared, Paul, Tyler, Nic, Nic's friend Jen, and Camie, Katelyn and me. We all went to Chipotle. Yum :) After Chipotle we decided to go to Hobbitville.... Lots of rumors about what Hobbitville really is, just go google it! So we took 2 cars to Hobbitville. Katelyn turned in first then Paul after. I was in Paul's car, and when we turned into the little lane Katelyn's car was just parked there. So I called her and asked what was going on. Apparently there was a scary man that gave them an evil look so they decided to leave. Well, I was in the car with Jared, Paul and Tyler and we wanted to see the man... Stupid.. Well, we pull forward, and that's when I saw the scariest man I've ever seen... Ever! He had long scary hair, and a scary beard, a long coat and a hat. And he just started walking towards our car! Freaky! Well we couldn't back out because Katelyn was still there trying to get out.. So we were just there. The scary man turned around and went back into his little grove of trees, so we thought we were okay. But! He then comes out holding something tall and sorta thin... The 4 of us were all looking at him and trying to figure out what it was... Well all the sudden I realized that it was a GUN! So of course I yelled "He has a gun!!!!!!!" So we all started freaking out! This scary man was walking towards our car, WITH A GUN! I truly believed I was going to die. Well, good news, Katelyn got out finally, so we backed out and sped away! It was extremely scary! We all went back to Katelyn's house.It was snowing.. Pretty bad! Well, anyone who knows Bountiful Utah, knows that it is just one giant hill. We were driving up the hill... Lost our momentum and got stuck in the snow! So after being at gun point we got stuck in the snow for about 30 minutes! What an exciting night! We ended our crazy adventure by watching Toy Story 3! Sunday was pretty exciting though, I went to church with Katelyn... and... I MET PRESIDENT HENRY B. EYERING! Coolest experience of my life. He is in her ward! So, naturally he was at church. We shook hands, chatted, and I just knew that the gospel is true! The spirit just radiates off of that man. What an amazing experience. Overall, the weekend was a success, lots of memories and fun times :)

On a side note, in an earlier post I wrote that I would be attending Marinello School of Beauty in Provo. Well that school is just a little too expensive, so as of right now (if everything goes as planned, and I can get someone to sign a loan for me...) I will be attending Paul Mitchell: The Hair Academy, right here in Rexburg, Idaho! I thought I wanted to leave this place for Provo, but I was wrong. I love it here in Rexburg, and I'm just not ready to leave it!

No comments:

Post a Comment